- Warning: There are spoilers ahead for "The Walking Dead's" season 10, episode five, "What It Always Is."
- Ezekiel reveals that he believes he has thyroid cancer.
- Fans were taken aback by the news and some were disappointed if this is the story arc his character will take.
- Others are hoping Ezekiel doesn't actually have cancer, despite it running in his family.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
While Sunday's episode of "The Walking Dead" revolved heavily around Negan's escape from Alexandria, it also made one huge, unexpected reveal.
Ezekiel tells Siddiq he has thyroid cancer, showing him a huge mass on his neck.
"A month. It's grown since then," Ezekiel says of how long the mass has been growing.
Siddiq initially tries to tell him it's not necessarily cancer.
"Without tests you can't be sure," says Siddiq.
But Ezekiel tells him there's been a history of the cancer in his family with his grandmother and his father successfully surviving due to treatment. The King isn't feeling as positive in the zombie apocalypse about his chances.
The news caught a lot of fans off guard.
— Sandy Hines (@Sjhines1) November 4, 2019
Ezekial has cancer! No no no no no and.... no. #TheWalkingDead